“Gabriel gets people moving in ways that lead to practical, functional, and enjoyable healing and growth.”– Maitiu (student)
Scroll down to view all upcoming events & offerings.
Join Upcoming Workshop:
Saturday, October 16th
10:30am – 12:00pm Pacific Time
- Look robotic, blocky or rigid while dancing?
- Have trouble incorporating contrabody in your dance?
- Want easier body rolls, pulse and ribcage isolations?
- Feel still in your ribs, chest or mid-back?
… if you struggle with any of the above, check out my upcoming workshop with Myles & Tessa.
West Coast Swing 4-Week Series
Get back to the social scene with fun classes to reignite your creativity and connection.
Beginner Series: Tuesdays, September 21st – October 19th
(no class October 12th)
Level 2 Series: Thursdays, September 23rd – October 14th
6:45pm – 8:15pm
West Coast Swing is the Cadillac of dance styles. This cool, ever-evolving dance is known for its charismatic feel and elastic connection. West coast swing (a.k.a. modern swing) is sometimes called the “dancer’s dance” because there is so much space to include moves from other dance styles.
Check out a sample of my west coast swing dancing on the dance page.
You can learn to dance! Are you looking to join a community of fun and creative people who love to groove? Want to learn a modern dance style which will allow you to dance with your partner to a wide array of musical genres? Maybe you have considered trying dance but don’t feel coordinated enough.
This class is great for a complete beginner or those with past experience but would like to brush up or learn a new dance style. You do NOT require dance experience to join this class.
In this 4-week series, you will:
- Learn the basic patterns, rhythm, footwork of West Coast Swing.
- Experience the elastic connection that sets West Coast Swing apart from other dance styles
- Feel more comfortable in your body and expressing yourself to music.
- Feel confident having fun dancing at other venues, concerts and social dances.
Level 2 Series:
This class is perfect for Westies with ~2 years experience who are eager to dig into the details and enhance their dance experience. If your PRIMARY goal is to learn new patterns, this is NOT the class for you. While we will be learning cool new moves, the focus of this series is on the body mechanics and partnership tactics that make all patterns easier to learn and more enjoyable to perform!
In this 4-week series, you will:
- Develop better connection to improve all your patterns.
- Improve your understanding of your body for more ease and grace.
- Learn communication tactics that will make you a sought-after partner
- Practice styling tactics that work with a partner or solo.
COVID & Safety Protocols:
- Participants must be fully vaccinated.
- Coloured wristbands will indicate who is open to rotating partners.
- Masks required.
- Everyone must sanitize hands upon arrival (sanitizer provided at entrance).
- Large hall with good ventilation
- Optional: Dance with your partner only (and instructor)
Single Series: $50 (tax inclusive)
Both Series: $65 (tax inclusive)
Space is limited
Functional Training & Exercise Therapy
Improve strength, mobility and athleticism despite aging…
– without the “no pain, no gain” mindset!
With movement training, you will:
- Unlock your body.
- Overcome pain and stiffness.
- Prevent joint injuries.
- Integrate your mind and body.
- Learn movements to empower your practice at home.
- Play better, longer.
Private sessions are available in Victoria, BC or anywhere in the world virtually.
Select “book online” to schedule a free phone consultation.
Authentic Yang Family Tai Chi & Qigong
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30pm – 6:30pm.
Rudd Park in Victoria, BC.
- Ease physical tension and increase joint mobility.
- Reduce stress and improve mental focus.
- Develop balance, energy and power.
Select “more info” to schedule a free trial class.
Click the button below to purchase a pack of 10 classes.