“Gabriel gets people moving in ways that lead to practical, functional, and enjoyable healing and growth.”– Maitiu (student)
Scroll down to view all upcoming events & offerings.
West Coast Swing 4-Week Series
Get back to the social scene with fun classes to reignite your creativity and connection.
Beginner Class: Tuesdays, August 10th – 31st
Intermediate Class: Thursdays, August 12th – September 2nd
6:45pm – 8:15pm
West Coast Swing is the Cadillac of dance styles. This cool, ever-evolving dance is known for its charismatic feel and elastic connection. West coast swing (a.k.a. modern swing) is sometimes called the “dancer’s dance” because there is so much space to include moves from other dance styles.
View a sample of my west coast swing dancing by clicking here.
Are you looking to join a community of fun, creative people who love to groove?
Want to learn an improve, social dance which works for a wide array of music genres?
Maybe you have past experience but would like to brush up to get back in the swing?
Have you considered trying dance but don’t feel coordinated enough?
In only 4 weeks you will:
- Learn the basic patterns, rhythm and footwork of west coast swing.
- Become more comfortable in your body and expressing yourself to music.
- Feel confident in your ability to have fun dancing at venues, concerts and social dances.
- You do NOT require dance experience to join this class.
This class is perfect for Westies with 2+ years experience who are eager to dig into the details and enhance their dance experience. If your PRIMARY goal is to learn new patterns, this is NOT the class for you. While we will be learning cool new moves, the focus of this series is on the body mechanics and partnership tactics that make all patterns easier to learn and more enjoyable to perform!
In this 4-week series, you will:
- Develop better connection to improve all your patterns.
- Improve your understanding of your body for more ease and grace.
- Learn communication tactics that will make you a sought-after partner
- Practice styling tactics that work with a partner or solo.
COVID & Safety Protocols:
- Option to rotate partners or stay with your bubble (you do NOT have to bring a partner).
- Coloured wristbands will indicate who is open to rotating partners.
- Masks encouraged (especially for the unvaccinated).
- Everyone must sanitize hands upon arrival (sanitizer provided at entrance).
- Large hall with good ventilation
- Instructor fully vaccinated
- Optional: Dance with your partner only (and instructor)
- Optional: Be paired with a safe pod by adding your name to this spreadsheet
Single Class: $45 + gst
Both Classes (intermediates only): $60 + gst
Space is limited
Functional Training & Exercise Therapy
Improve strength, mobility and athleticism despite aging…
– without the “no pain, no gain” mindset!
With movement training, you will:
- Unlock your body.
- Overcome pain and stiffness.
- Prevent joint injuries.
- Integrate your mind and body.
- Learn movements to empower your practice at home.
- Play better, longer.
Private sessions are available in Victoria, BC or anywhere in the world virtually.
Select “book online” to schedule a free phone consultation.
Authentic Yang Family Tai Chi & Qigong
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30pm – 6:30pm.
Rudd Park in Victoria, BC.
- Ease physical tension and increase joint mobility.
- Reduce stress and improve mental focus.
- Develop balance, energy and power.
Select “more info” to schedule a free trial class.
Click the button below to purchase a pack of 10 classes.
Get conscious health resources free to your inbox. It’s a simple way to start moving easier and feeling more connected. You’ll also receive a home program for Full Body Mobility.